Sunday, July 18, 2010

Liked to, but never actually thought you would?




This was just one of those moments (above) that caught me by surprise! We are in Israel, the people in the photo are all looking out from a viewing platform over the Jerusalem wall and into the ancient city. I'm more fascinated with this camel that is just sitting there enjoying the 40 degree heat. I've only ever seen a scrawny camel from a distance through a fence at the Auckland zoo. Yet i've heard only to beware, camels spit! So i'm gingerly keeping away from the mouth region to give this camel a stroke of its lovely velvet coat. Not wanting to ride the jolly thing, these creatures are way to high off the ground when standing and too jostly for my liking! Besides just one look at the blanket you would be required to sit on was the deciding clincher, no camel ride for me - especially in a skirt!
Oh, and just incase you thought I missed the view the photo above shows what the fuss was all about...
Jerusalem was even more impressive when walking inside the ancient city, moving though the narrow streets that Jesus once walked and sharing this journey intimately with Him. An experience I never dreamed I would have done, it wasn't anything I had planned, it was a complete surprise to find ourselves here in Israel, an inclusion in our travelling package - how incredible life can be when you least expect it!

No comments:

Post a Comment